Saturday, January 28, 2017

The Year Ahead!


It seems like I should have gotten my blog up and running ages ago, but somehow between writing and mothering and deadlines and life, blogging always got pushed to the end of the list. I thought I would take this opportunity to tell you about some of the writing conferences I'm going to this year in the hopes that maybe I'll see you there!

I'll be at the RT Booklovers Convention 2017 in Atlanta from May 2-7, and it promises to be a blast. There will be parties, gatherings, events, and a GIANT book signing where I will be signing copies of A PROMISE OF FIRE and BREATH OF FIRE for the first time!


I'm hoping that readers will come find me at the signing, and that I won't end up all alone at my table with a big stack of books :) To encourage you, I'm planning on having some fun swag like bookmarks and these cool "book" design KINGMAKER CHRONICLES flash drives generously provided by USB Memory Direct (https://www.usbmemorydirect.com/).


This will be my first RT Booklovers Convention, although I've been dreaming about going for years. This is a huge gathering for authors and readers alike, so if you're tempted at all, I'd love to see you there!

https://rtconvention.com/



This summer, I'll also be attending the Romance Writers of America national conference in Orlando, Florida, from July 26-29. I'll be signing books there, too, and I'm looking forward to seeing anyone who might be able to join in the fun!

https://www.rwa.org/conference

 
As for a writing update, HEART ON FIRE is currently with my editor for her first look at it, and I'm hoping very much to have a cover to reveal to you soon! And as soon as I clean up my inbox and my office and get over the cold of the century which has sucked all the life from me for the last week, I'll start seriously thinking about what story needs to be told next and pitching ideas to my publisher. I can't wait! In the meantime, happy reading to all :)